University Direct: Logistical Services
As the deal comes through to completely renew the furnishings in housing, or similar, complex, the next big task is finding the easiest way to take down the old and put up the new. When dorms are renovated or refurbished, and new furniture is ordered, Collegiate handles the logistics and installation. This includes bringing in our trained crew of installers that start at the dorm loading dock and implement a floor-by-floor, dorm-by-dorm install and setup so that dorms are ready in time for students to return to campus.
Our managerial staff is accustomed to working with the furniture companies, as well as union workers and teamsters. Contact us directly for more information!
University Direct: Storage
Providing a refrigerator rental to a student and being responsible for their belongings are two very different services, but Collegiate Storage and Rental accomplishes what most others cannot. We specialize in both by focusing on customer service, communication, execution, and delivery.
Our storage and shipping programs include:
SHIPPING: SHIP IT TO US
- Prior to the student’s arrival, parents and/or the student will ship all items to our warehouse using a third party shipping company such as FedEx or UPS. We receive and store these items until it comes time to deliver them. We then deliver the student’s belongings when they arrive at campus.
- Ship It To Us is a service that is primarily utilized by incoming freshmen, transfer, and international students.
Our storage programs include summer storage, semester abroad or exchange student storage, and special situation storage (i.e., graduating seniors). Collegiate Storage and Rental follows a customized storage procedure which ensures that each item is picked up and is returned to the correct student. This is our promise and our commitment.
Our process is broken down into six sections:
- PRE ORDER/ PARTNERSHIP: Throughout the academic year our storage and shipment information will be provided via electronic, print and other methods. Our website will be cross-linked with the websites of colleges and universities that we have partnered with in order to enhance communication with students. CSR will schedule on campus distribution days and programs to facilitate empty box hand out. CSR will work to establish and coordinate the collection and return dates for the academic year providing Pre Arrival Returns (PAR).
- ORDERING / CUSTOMER SERVICE: All orders and payments are made online via our user-friendly website and e-commerce ordering platform. Once the order has been processed an email confirmation is sent to the student, as a convenient reference. Our website is augmented by our experienced office staff. During the busy season (April 1st – end of October), we maintain staffing from 7am to 7 pm every day of the week. This phone support provides a critical means to communicate with parents and students and, in particular, to be able to schedule custom collection and/ or release runs.
- LABELING: Each label will be coded as follows: Original Dorm// Original Room # // Student’s Last Name // Student’s First Name // Student’s Cell Phone // Student’s E-mail. We use origination Dorm as the student doesn’t always know the new dorm and room # that they will be moving into the following fall. We will confirm the New Dorm information with the student and residence life staff as appropriate. CSR will provide the labels and the students will be responsible for filling their labels on their boxes. Each student will receive an instruction sheet on how to properly affix their labels and our best packing instructions and practices.
- COLLECTION: Collection dates are scheduled in advance, posted on our website and university website (if permitted). Dates are confirmed with the student when they complete their order. At the end of the semester, students need the flexibility of multiple collection dates since they don’t finish their finals on the same day. Once on campus, Collegiate takes responsibility to ensure that each item is correctly labeled, logged and loaded onto our trucks. Our experience staff members possess the necessary knowledge of logistics, transportation, and storage to satisfy each of our customers. Our expertise and proprietary techniques allow us to provide superior customer collection service.
- STORAGE: Once the truck has finished with its collection run, it will return to the warehouse where the items will be unloaded and weighed. Each school has a dedicated section in the warehouse. Our insured warehouse is centrally located.
- RETURN & RELEASE: When students are returning to campus, there tends to be greater uniformity in arrival dates and thus scheduling tends to be less complicated. The most effective means of facilitating the return of items from storage is our Pre Arrival Return (PAR). With the coordination of Residence Life Staff we return all items into the rooms of the students a few days before check in. The rooms will then be locked and the items secured until the student arrives. PAR prevents check in day gridlock in the dormitories and makes the check in process for the residence life staff, parents, and students more time efficient and less hectic. For all non-PAR students, personalized and “straggler” returns are individually scheduled.
- STORAGE TYPES: Collegiate Storage and Rental provides a multitude of storage options, found below:
- Humongous Box
- (4) Large Box
- Baby Humongous Box
- (1) Large Box
- Small Fridge
- Large Fridge
- Suitcases and Trunks
We also offer specialty item storage for items such as mattresses, desks, and bikes but the majority of the items stored are boxes and specifically the Humongous Box.
Bubble wrap is also available for purchase when placing a storage order.